Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wrinkle-free blog

 

Have you ever noticed how easy it is to wrinkle a shirt up and how hard it is to get wrinkles out?  You can take a shirt in your hand, grab it tightly for 2 seconds, and get it all wrinkled up.  But if you take that same shirt and those same hands, and pull the shirt tight, the wrinkles won't come out.  You have to take a large metal object, heat it up to scalding, and then press it down on the shirt with some force to get those wrinkles out.  Sometimes they don't even come out after doing that, and you have to spray the article of clothing with water or an ironing spray of some sort.  How is it so easy to get a wrinkle and so hard to remove one? 

It's the same for dirty hands...have you ever had something on your hands that just wouldn't come off, like grease?  You can scrub your hands till they bleed and yet the stuff still won't come off, but take those same dirty fingers and lightly touch them to your favorite shirt and BAM you've got grease on it.  You can't get it off your hands, but at the same time you can't keep it from getting on everything else you touch!  What the heck?

I can't tie a knot that will last to save my life, but if I put two objects with power cords attached to them in a drawer and come back a week later, they'll be in the most convoluted, complex knots you've ever seen in your life.  How the heck are these things getting so tangled up - BY THEMSELVES?

Why is it that the only time I seem to jam my foot into the furniture in my house is when I'm NOT wearing any shoes?  I don't recall walking around kicking everything with my sneakers on...yet somehow my pinky toe fan-magic-tastically finds the leg of the dining table and hits it so squarely that I'm cursing dead relatives for hours.

Life needs to be a bit more accomodating to me.  After all, I make living what it is...without me, life would suck.

 

"Hey honey!  You gotta see this...the hair dryer and the electric razor made a perfect sailors knot in here...it's the most complex thing I've ever se--OWWW! STUPID !#&!*~^ END TABLE!" 

No comments: