Thursday, October 26, 2006

They don't have butts!

Last night, I was discussing the "reality" of monsters being in my daughter's closet with her. Apparently, her and some of her friends at preschool are convinced that their closets are home to hordes of angry beasties. Since I'm older and wiser, and should have an intellect superior to that of a 4 year old, I figured I could use my logical prowess and solve this problem without much fuss.

I said, "Mackenzie...there are no monsters in your closet! If they lived in your closet, what would they eat and what would they drink?" Then, I paused for about 5 seconds for dramatic effect before stating "Where would they go to the bathroom at?"

The look she gave me was priceless...it was one of dissapointment and disgust all rolled up into one cute little smirk. "Daddy..." she replied, "monsters don't have butts."

I guess that takes care of the bathroom issue.

How cool would it be to not have a butt? I wonder how much time we spend each day in the bathroom. "Sorry bossman...I didn't have time to get that report done like you asked me to. If only I didn't have this butt!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh... the wisdom of a 5 year old. Here's one from Micah...

I'm reading her "The Princess and the Pea" at bedtime. We get to the end and she asks me "Daddy, was that story true?"

I say "Micah, do you think you could feel a pea if I put one under your mattress?"

Without skipping a beat she says... "No, I'm not a princess!"

Gotta love it.
Nathan