Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Regina Birthday Post!

Today is my wonderful wife Regina’s birthday! If you see her, give her money…lots of money! If you don’t have any money to give her, then give her the thing she loves most of all – RASPBERRY SWEET TEA!

Actually, on second thought, I’d hold off on the sweet tea…she’s REALLY picky when it comes to her sweet tea. If I had a nickel for every time she’s not liked a particular kind of sweet tea that she’s tried, I wouldn’t be sitting here writing this right now. I’d be out on my yacht playing computer games in my underwear. But that’s another story…

I guess I knew she was the one for me on our second date when, as we were playing one of these stupid trivia games that you play on double-dates, we both guessed the song “Sailing” by Christopher Cross as the answer (incorrectly, I might add) to a question. I wasn’t sure how she felt about me though…several months later when I first told her “I love you” her response was “Thank you.” Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it all worked out (and yes, later that evening she did respond in kind). Then, when I proposed, the first thing she said to me (picture me on bended knee holding out a ring and “popping the question”) was “No way!” Fortunately, she meant that as her being surprised by the question, not saying that there was no way she’d marry me.

But that’s what I love about her…she’s quirky and unique and I know just how to get a reaction out of her. I know that after she’s had a really, really long day of fighting with the kids or dealing with the one million things she has to deal with on a daily basis, I can walk in and go “HEY, WHY THE HECK DIDN’T YOU MAKE SOMETHING MORE FANCY FOR DINNER?!?” and she’ll get all defensive and red in the face until it hits her that I’m once again messing with her. I love it that sometimes it takes her a few minutes to know for sure whether I’m kidding or not…getting her “riled up” is so much fun!

Of course, she’s so much fun to hang out with…and she’s beautiful and sexy and classy…and even though she’s good at modestly hiding it, she’s really smart and is great at figuring things out. But all of you who know her already know that…these are things anyone can see…that’s why I’m so lucky to be with her, because I get to see all of this PLUS I get to see so much more that the rest of you don’t get to see!

So babe, happy birthday to you…I love you and wish you the best! I’ll leave you with the words to “that song” that we both like so much, maybe because it's what we're both thinking.

If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do...is to save every day til eternity passes away just to spend them with you.

If I could make days last forever, if words could make wishes come true...I'd save every day like a treasure and then, again, I would spend them with you.

But there never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do once you find them. I've looked around enough to know that you're the one I want to go through time with.

If I had a box just for wishes and dreams that had never come true...the box would be empty except for the memory of how they were answered by you.

2 comments:

Nick Riggs said...

Great post! Happy bday Regina.

Anonymous said...

"If I could save time in a bottle" -- Only if I got to knock back the likker in there first...