Wednesday, August 23, 2006

He's almost here!

In just a few short days, my son will make his entrance into this world of ours. As I think about this wonderful event, many thoughts flow through my mind as to what it will be like to have another child running around the house.

What I love is how as parents we all strive to say things about the newborn experience that are socially acceptable. We try to act like we’re all upbeat and positive, but anyone who’s had a kid before knows what is really going on inside a parent’s head moments before the child arrives…

“I can’t wait to see him! I wonder what he’ll look like.”

Translation: Man I hope this kid’s not ugly.


“With the way he’s kicking inside my wife’s tummy, I’m sure he’ll be good at sports!”

Translation: I wonder how many times this one will kick me in the nuts.


“I hope he commits his life to faithful service to God.”

Translation: Yeah, he’s going to be a little hellion. Great.


“It’ll be great for my daughter to have a playmate.”

Translation: Heaven help him if he so much as touches her “Littlest Pet Shop.”


“What will his interests be?”

Translation: Please, please don’t let him be into figure skating!


“It won’t be too bad having to change diapers again for a while.”

Translation: He’s gonna crap on me…I just know it.


The worst is when you forget to properly fasten that diaper. Nothing ruins a special moment like getting poop on you. “Hush little baby, don’t say a word…daddy’s gonna buy you a...hey what the...AWWWWW MAN!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet this kid!!! It's gonna be awesome. I already love him so much. I love him like I love your silly family. Like Crazy! good post, uncle jeremy!

~a

Anonymous said...

I love the comment you left on my Xanga,that is great, I actually have a toy dog setting on my pc monitor that Alli bought me long ago...Memories are great....I am going to try this Jack Johnson person...Happy Fathers day :) I can't wait to meet this little guy, Uncle Dean is itching for some baby holding time when mommy and Daddy say it's ok.