Friday, June 30, 2006

Music Trivia

Today’s blog is a little game of music trivia…see if you can guess the song title and artist for each of the songs below. I’ll try to cover a few eras and genres of music (except for country, which is not music and is completely offensive to my ears, and rap because much of it is “gangsta” garbage and the rest is often not safe to print) so everyone can participate.

FYI – “googling” these lyrics is CHEATING!


  1. "Well I was born in the sign of water, and it’s there that I feel my best…the albatross and the whale they are my brothers.”

  2. “She had a place in his life…he never made her think twice…as he rises to her apology anybody else would surely know…he’s watching her go…”

  3. “…although you’re never near, your voice I often hear…another day, another night…I long to hold you tight…cause baby I’m so lonely…”

  4. “and go-cart Mozart was checkin’ out the weather to see if it was safe outside…and little Early-Pearly came by in his curly-wurly, and asked me if I needed a ride”

  5. “I walked along the avenue…I never thought I’d meet a girl like you, meet a girl like you…with auburn hair and tawny eyes…the kind of eyes that hypnotize me through, hypnotize me through…”

  6. “In spite of the way you were mocking me, acting like I was part of your property…remembering all the times you fought with me…I’m surprised it go so far…”

  7. “My baby moves at midnight…goes right on to the dawn…my woman takes me higher…my woman keeps me warm”

  8. “I waited till I saw the sun…I don’t know why I didn’t come…I left you by the house of fun…I don’t know why I didn’t come…”

  9. “Half my life is in books’ written pages…lived and learned from fools and from sages…you know it’s true…all the things come back to you”

  10. “A quiet man of music, denied a simpler fate…he tried to be a soldier once, but his music wouldn’t wait…”

  11. “He says son can you play me a memory? I’m not really sure how it goes…but it’s sad and it’s sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man’s clothes”

  12. “For forty days and forty nights, the law was on her side…but who can stand when she’s in demand her schemes and plans…cause we danced, on the floor, in the round…”

  13. “Somewhere in her smile she knows…that I don’t need no other lover…something in her style that shows me…”

  14. “Mama…ooohhh…I don’t wanna die…I sometimes wish I’d never been born at all”

Bonus round, these are worth double the points (or whatever you get for answering these)


  1. “Hey you, don’t tell me there’s no hope at all…together we stand, divided we fall.”

  2. “I’m your truth, telling lies…I’m your reasoned alibis…I’m inside open your eyes…I’m you”

  3. “All of this time, I can’t believe I couldn’t see…kept in the dark but you were there in front of me”

  4. “where did I go wrong? I’ve never needed this before…I need a woman to help me feel”

  5. “Hey rambling boy why don’t you settle down? Boston ain’t your kind of town…there ain’t no gold and there ain’t nobody like me…I’m the number one fan of the man from Tennessee.“

I’ll post the answers next week in the comments section…if you are brave enough, post your answers in there and see how you do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll give the first one: Little River Band's Cool Change. I'll be patient and allow others to participate...

Anonymous said...

#4 artist = Manfred Mann's Earth Band

Jeremy Conner said...

Music trivia answers:

1. Cool Change – Little River Band
2. What a Fool Believes – Michael McDonald
3. Baby I Need Your Lovin – Four Tops
4. Blinded By The Light – Manfred Man Earth Band
5. I Ran – A Flock of Seagulls
6. In The End – Linkin Park
7. You Should Be Dancin – The Bee Gees
8. Don’t Know Why – Norah Jones
9. Dream On – Aerosmith
10. Leader of the Band – Dan Fogleburg
11. Piano Man – Billy Joel
12. Billy Jean – Michael Jackson
13. Something – The Beatles
14. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen

Bonus round:

1. Hey You – Pink Floyd
2. Sad but True – Metallica
3. Bring Me To Life – Evanescence
4. Ghosts – Live
5. Please Come to Boston – Dave Loggins