Thursday, March 23, 2006

Just some stuff

Often we like to have dinner in front of the television…I know this is frowned upon by some, but my family has come to the realization that braving the dangers of watching too much TV is better than having to listen to someone like me talk about “their day.” “Honey, how was your day?” “@#%^!&*#!!%#%!!” “Ok, how about some TV?” (quickly shuffles couch cushions looking for remote)

My daughter has recently started thinking of her shirts as very conveniently located napkins. Considering the amount of money we spend on her clothes, this isn’t the best thing that’s ever happened. Some things, like snot and apple juice, wash out easily…other things like pasta sauce not so much. It’s never a good sign when you go to give her a hug and her cotton t-shirt doesn’t bend or move. I tried to reason with her about this, but when I asked her why she wiped her hands and face off on her favorite new Strawberry Shortcake t-shirt, she simply replied “Because I like to.” That answer made a lot of sense to me.

I really think I could cut a best-selling album if I could just get a recording studio inside my car. There’s something about the acoustical environment in there that brings out the true beauty of my voice. The pitch…the modulation…my voice like a golden piccolo sweetly serenading the cutest little baby puppy floating on a sunlit lake. In my car I am brilliant…everywhere else I sound like a chain-smoking Jerry Lewis.

No comments: