Thursday, December 07, 2006

Braindead Spam

Is there anything in this entire world that is as annoying as SPAM?  No, I'm not talking about canned meat here (although I definitely need a post on that...endless possibilities) - I'm talking about the recent rash of stupid comments I've been getting in my blog and the tons of email from idiots trying to sell me something.  My question is this - just HOW STUPID do you have to be to participate in SPAMMING people?

Have you EVER seen people SPAMMING something that is actually worthwhile?  Has there ever been even a single decent product or service offered via SPAM?  It's never anything a person with any significant alpha-wave brain activity would want...it's always a steaming pile of poop that you literally have to trick someone into buying.  You'll open your inbox and see something like this:

(the subject line has to be something that would grab your attention and make you want to read it, which means they can't talk about what they are selling because no one wants that)

Subject: Hey! Haven't heard from you in a while!  I'm having your baby! 

(At this point, depending on how you live your life, you're either strangely curious or you need a fresh pair of underwear.  Then they get into the product itself....)

"CHRISTMAS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!!"

"Your kids want the hottest gifts this year - get them GLOOP!  GLOOP is the biggest selling item this year.  If you wait you won't get it.  25% off regular retail prices!  5lbs for only $29.95!"

Follow this link and give us your credit card number: rip.offpeople351321.au.is.job

(GLOOP being a knock-off of Silly Putty that hardens within mere seconds of being removed from the container and smells like that licorice-flavored bubble gum that comes from China)

So the folks that are SPAMMING you with emails and blog comments and everything else know that the product they are pushing isn't one you're interested in.  They KNOW it - otherwise, they wouldn't try to trick you into reading the email!  So if they KNOW you aren't interested, what are they doing sending you the stuff in the first place?  One reason: money.  These folks are TOO LAZY and TOO STUPID to get work doing something that actually impacts society in a positive way...so they take jobs where they get paid to annoy the rest of us. 

I would LOVE to get my hands on the email of the folks who have been SPAMMING the comments section of my blog.  They'd open their email and find about 78 pictures of me wearing only an apron messily making Swedish meatballs.  I'm guessing that would be punishment enough...

Due to the existence of ignorant slobs who feel no shame making money via the aggravation of others, I'm going to have to consider disabling anonymous comments in my blog.  I'll wait a few more days to see if the stupid spam comments subside, but if they don't I'll have to block them out.  You can always get a blogger account for free and post with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the post...I still don't have email for CMC however, that should change soon. We need to get together when all things settle.

Later.
ds