Monday, March 20, 2006

Camping Trip part deux!

Well, the CBC Campout Extravaganza 2006 came and went this weekend, and I have to say it was the most fun I’ve had in a long while. I did learn a few things about life and my fellow campers Friday night, though, and thought I’d pass the wisdom I’ve gained along to you.

Normally I try to avoid things that cause me to look and/or act “girly”, and I therefore don’t use lip balms like Chapstick very much. Now I like the product itself in terms of what it does…chapped lips are not cool and this product helps avoid that. The issue I have is with the application of it – because you have to put it on in the same way girls put on their Ruby Red #28 lipstick from Mabeline. You have to puff your lips out a little…and then do a few motions over the top and bottom…and then while you’re screwing the cap back on it you sort of moisten your lips…and then you have a nice glossy shine. Yeah…that looks great…congratulations tough guy on your new makeup. Perhaps Chapstick should consider this and come out with a new applicator that lets you spray it on or something…or maybe a root beer bottle that puts it on for you while you drink. Anyways, I am now going to make an exception to this rule for campouts on cold windy nights. My lips are so cracked and dry right now that it hurts me to even think about smiling - fortunately I don't smile much so it shouldn't be a big deal. So sneak into your tent and put some on guys…just don’t get that shiny kind that has glitter in it.

Games are fun and make campouts even better, and that’s especially true when you have a group of really competitive people. Having said that, it might be ok for some of us to dial it down a notch and not take “Catch Phrase” so seriously. I think some of you were under the impression that the “Catch Phrase” device was going to start spitting out $100 bills or tickets to Broadway shows to the winning team.

Is Charity Sanders the 2006 version of the “Lawnmower Man”? You remember, he was that guy who could turn himself into energy and lived in a virtual reality world – he could control any kind of device with moving parts and make it do his bidding. Well, Charity can exert complete control over any camera she touches…with the result being some really cool photographs. She always asks you to do this cheesy stuff, and you’re like “Aww…I have to do what?”…but then when you see the picture she took you feel like it was totally worth it. No human being could pull off the pictures she takes…so she’s either a virtual reality entity (which might explain how she could be so dang cheerful all the time – no real person should be that joyful) or she’s the only person ever to actually read and comprehend her camera’s instruction manual in its entirety. Which is it Charity?

Kudos to my church family for making it such a fun outing – love you guys!

Nathan! Give that hill a rest man...we're over here on the river bank. Get one of the 8 year olds to help you - they found us an hour ago...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*laughing HARD* I'm linking my next post to this one. Hilare Jeremy- way to go! As for this camera stuff, that's for me to know and you to find out. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Still laughing about the chapstick commentary...you're hilarious! The trip sure has been fun to hear about. :)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I use Chap Stick often. I do all those things you said, and I am not hiding it...I am proud of my Chap Stick addiction...I will not go behind closed doors just to put on my lipstick, I mean chap stick. As for that freaking game...man that was nothing...it usually is much worse and all of their competitive spirits make me very nervous...Charity is simply awesome at taking pictures...really not much more to say about that.....Glad you had fun Jeremy, you certainly added to the experience for all of us :)

Dean

Jeremy Conner said...

this spammer was reported by me to the FTC today - i encourage all of you to take the time to report them as well